Sunday 17 April 2016

Rough Cut 5 - With Music

In this post you will see both Rough Cut 5 and 6 in which I added the non-diegetic music that I worked on with Max Genson and also the extra non-diegetic sound effects which I added myself.



There was a need to put in non-diegetic music in every scene, to create tension in the film opening. Very often a horror movie can only be good if it has very good music that manages to build up tension. I was glad, that according to our audience feedback that we got from our Year 13, we had already managed to build up some tension with the shot variety we used. This was a good sign, because it meant that it was already good without having even added ANY music yet.

I am going to explain, what exactly we did and how we processed this music task with the use of a podcast and illustrating pictures and videos of Max where he is explaining what we did and which software was used for this.
















Below you can see the podcast, where I go through step by step what we did in terms of music.



During the hours that I spent at Max's house to produce this soundtrack, I came up with the idea to film him while he explained which programmes he has used. This video I uploaded to YouTube so that I could embed it in this post. He knew more about the programmes than I do, since they are the ones he uses outside of school to produce music.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and reviewed by the blog owner before publication